Adelaide has some great rides all within a few minutes from the city. Either head to our beautiful coast line for some flat rides between Seacliff and Outer Harbour. Otherwise hit the Adelaide Hills for some nice climbing. Norton Summit Road is one of the most common climbs. This, as well as others, lead you towards Mount Lofty summit, the highest point in the Adelaide Hills. Or test yourself on the famous Corkscrew Rd climb, which is where so many attacks have taken place in the Tour Down Under. It is slow and steady at the start but those first few switch backs get the legs working.
1. Gorge Road to Corkscrew Road: 10.3km – 1% Avg Grad – 73m Elevation
2. Corkscrew Road: 2.5km – 9% Avg Grad – 225m Elevation
3. Montacute Road: 7.2km – 5% Avg Grad – 355m Elevation
4. Norton Summit Road: 5.5km – 5% Avg Grad – 295m Elevation
5. Greenhill Road: 7.1km – 6.6% Avg Grad – 471m Elevation
6. Old Freeway to Mt Lofty: 12.1km – 4% Avg Grad – 527m Elevation